Like any other rule or testing process their is always an exception. That state of MA website has listed below as the official policy for motor vehicles receiving an exemption in the state of Massachusetts.
The following types of motor vehicles are exempt from the emissions inspection:
- Class cars, farm trucks or any other vehicles that we’re produced before the year 1998.
- Light & medium duty diesel vehicles manufactured before model year 1998 or are 15 or more model years old
- Medium duty non-diesel vehicles either manufactured before model year 2008 or 15 or more model years old
- New vehicles delivered directly to Massachusetts owners
- Motorcycles & mopeds
- Military vehicles (not including ex-military vehicles purchased after military use)
- Vehicle operated exclusively by electric power
- Inyo County Car Insurance Quotes